On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Table of Contents
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your device while/after installing the files or following this guide. Make sure to take a complete backup before doing anything. Do this at your own risk.
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrp.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
Steps to Root Asus Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.