To increase memory capacity, free up space on memory, we can immediately use the Storage sense feature available on Windows 10 operating system. This feature will automatically delete junk files, temporary files on the system. There are many options for automatic file deletion.
From the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, the Storage sense feature has been updated with many new options, not just the Clean now option as previous versions of Windows. Below, Bestshares.net will show you how to clean Windows 10 memory with the Storage sense feature
How to clean memory Windows 10
Press the Windows + I key combination to open the Settings interface on Windows. Here you click on System settings.
Switch to the new interface, click on Storage, then look to the right to enable the Storage sense feature and click on Free up space now.
On Windows 10 1903, you need to click Configure Storage Sense or run it now to see the option of Free up space now. And on this version, you also see the Clean now button, but not as many options as below.
Switch to this interface and you will see a number of options, including:
- System Created Windows Error Reporting Files: When Windows encounters a blue screen error, the system will generate an error log file. These files will help Microsoft determine where the error is located. And after a long time these files will increase up a portion of memory usage.
Windows Defender: Delete files used by Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Thumbnails: Windows will save all the miniature image copies of image files, videos, documents for users to see quickly, without having to open directly. And these thumbnails will also take up space on your computer. When you delete thumbnails, they are automatically recreated when needed.
- Temporary Internet files: Temporary Internet Files folder includes temporary files of web browsers. Users can choose to delete to regain the space that has been taken.
- Delivery Optimization Files: These are data for optimizing updates and other computers can use this data sheet. Usually, personal computers will not need this data sheet, so you can delete them.
- Previous Windows Installation (s): The data of the previous update.
It’s easy to see these options were previously in the Disk Clean up section, but on Windows 10 Spring Creators Update has been moved to the Settings section.
According to previous versions of Windows 10, you need to visit Disk Cleanup to open some more options to free up memory space. However, in this Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, those options have been changed to Settings.
I wish you successful implementation!
The post How to use Storage sense on Windows 10 to free up drive space appeared first on Bestshares.net.