Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (codename: cas) was launched in the year August 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi releases phones in quick successions and in different regions. The same phone is released in different regions under different names. Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra was released back in August 2020 and is the company’s flagship of the year. It comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, which is coupled with 8-16 GB of RAM. The Mi 10 Ultra offers 128/256/512GB of onboard storage and there is no memory expansion card slot. The display on the phone is a 6.67-inch OLED 1080p panel that produces 800 nits of peak brightness. The phone runs on Android 10 with MIUI 12 on top.
Table of Contents
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your device while/after installing the files or following this guide. Make sure to take a complete backup before doing anything. Do this at your own risk.
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.