Android 10 for Mi 8 Explorer – Changelog
– Stable MIUI based on Android 10
– Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
– Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
– Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Manually Check OTA Updates
As the software OTA update always roll-out in batches from the server-side, it may take a couple of days or more to hit all the units globally. So, all the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition users should wait for the OTA update notification for a few days and keep checking the OTA updates manually.
To check OTA updates, head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. Meanwhile, you can check OTA updates via the Software Updater app as well on your phone.
Steps to Install Stable Android 10 for Mi 8 Explorer Edition (V22.214.171.124.QEHCNXM)
Unfortunately, if you haven’t received the OTA update notification yet on your device, you can proceed to the manual firmware installation guide below. Make sure to follow all the download links and requirements as well.
- ROM supported – Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition device only. Ensure that your device is running the official Stock ROM.
- Plugin your device to a charger and charge it fully.
- Back up the mobile data completely.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Make sure to download and install the drivers & tools on the PC.